Monday, August 25, 2008

Florentines



My goody this weekend was Florentine cookies. Geez, they were sooooo easy! My mom has been bugging me to make these for a while. If I knew they were so easy I would have made them a long time ago. I got this recipe from Martha. It's like 2tbsp of four ingredients! The "batter" is about 1/4 cup and you only drop 1/2 teaspoon for each cookie. They are so light and crispy, you could just about eat the whole 2 dozen in one sitting. I got the recipe from Martha Stewart Cookies cookbook, but couldn't find it online to link, so here it is:


Honey Florentines


2 tbsp butter

2 tbsp light brow sugar

1 1/2 tbsp honey

2 tbsp flour


Melt butter, brown sugar, and honey in a small saucepan. Transfer to a small bowl ans whisk with flour. Working quickly, drop 1/2 teaspoonfulls onto parchment lined baking sheets, leaving three inches between each drop. Bake at 375 for 5 to 6 minutes.


I put some milk chocolate chips in a sandwich bag, melted them in a bowl of hot water, cut the a small tip in the corner, and swirled the cookies with chocolate for a little flare.

And of course, you have to have something on hand to use with your extra melted chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!