Thursday, September 30, 2010

Washington

I just got back from a lovely trip to Washington state.  Here are a few photos.  Mount Baker:
My Uncle Larry and Aunt Becky's beautiful home that they built:
The gorgeous view they wake up to every day.  How would you like this in your backyard?
I'm not sure, but I think I might be the first person to ever take a picture of this sign...
Downtown Vancouver:
Downtown Bellingham.  I was in heaven and hell at the same time.  The BEST antique mall I've ever been to.  Total overload.  $60 for a set of mid-century end tables?  What's that?  $195 for a set of four danish modern chairs?  Why did I have to fly? I did get a whole lotta other knick knacks that I was able to bring home though, so it wasn't all torture. 
And right across the street was a place called Rocket Donuts.  The most awesome donut shop I've ever seen, that's for sure! 

Sunlight filtering through a walking trail.
A waterfall that has claimed many a person.
And just because.
Aside from San Diego's loss to Seattle, it was a good trip.  Beautiful weather - and I come home to hot/muggy/rainy San Diego.  What happened to my city?  Can't I leave for five days? Apparently not.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is so lovely!
    If I lived in the house, I would never want to leave. It is the most beautiful house I have ever seen. WOW!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments!