Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekend Finds

The swap meet wasn't that great this weekend, but I did manage to find a couple of things.  We also visited the La Mesa Antique Mall.  I was pleasantly surprised.  It wasn't super over-priced like the antique mall in Ocean Beach.  There was a really loud, but nice man in the shop who Aaron and I fooled into thinking we could speak French.  That was kind of fun.  Anyway, I found this Scandinavian wall hanging.  I liked the colors and I just think Scandinavian art is really cool.
 
I also picked up a pretty collection of vintage thread.
I got two more brooches at the swap meet.  They seem to be harder to find now than they used to be...
And, last but not least, I found this recipe book: The New Joys of Jell-O.  It is from the seventies, so it has some fun pictures in it.  I'll share some later. I love that people used to show up for a party with a big jiggly Jell-O mold.  It has helpful tips and even a section on serving your Jell-O in style.  Luckily, I have a lot of my Grandma's serving dishes so I can be as authentic as possible.  I can't wait to try a new Jell-O dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!