Sunday, October 10, 2010

Maiden Braids


I just wanted to share a picture of my hair up in maiden braids.  I've been obsessed with braids for a while now, ever since my hair has gotten long enough to actually braid.  I rock the single braid "headband" look (a la Zooey Deschanel, my fave!) all the time and I've been desperately trying to learn how to french braid my own hair.  It's pretty hard.  I'm getting better and I'm actually good at french braiding other people's hair, but that doesn't help me out at all!  I've seen people wear their hair like this before and I always thought you had to have really long hair to make one braid and pull it all the way across.  But on the last episode of Project Runway I saw Gretchen wearing her hair like this and I noticed she had it separated like pigtail style, with both braids coming up to meet at the top.  Yay!  My hair is just barely long enough to meet and there are like a million bobby pins holding it in place, but I love it and I think the longer it gets the easier it will be to hide the ends. 

Oh yeah, today is 10-10-10!  That's kind of fun, huh!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that came out sooooo cute! I tried to do it myself the other week and my hair is too thick. Stink!! I'm determined though, so once I build up the courage (and round up all my bobby-pins) I will give it another go.

    Yours looks really nice!

    xoxo
    Talia Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! You are rocking those braids! Looks amazing! You can practice on my hair if you want!

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments!