Monday, October 11, 2010

First of Fall

 Aside from being the BEST season for clothes shopping, Fall is also the best season for food! Don't you think?  I guess each season has its foods it brings with it, but I love Fall the most.  Everything is warm and toasty and spicy.  Pumpkin spice and everything nice and all that.  So when I got the Everyday Food mail with spice cake recipes it made me very happy!  I was bored and at work and therefore hungry, so I wanted a piece of every cake like right that minute.  My boss's birthday is coming up and I know she loves pumpkin too, so I sent her a couple of options in a very important email.  She chose this Pumpkin Spice Cake with Honey Frosting.  Well, I can't just make a cake for someone's birthday that I've never made before, so I tested it out on my family this weekend.  The cake was more bread-like, but it was still delicious and I think it could even stand alone as a bread, without the frosting, but the frosting was also very good.  It has gotten my stamp of approval.
On a side note, my Halloween decorations are totally lacking this year.  And last week my friend expressed her disappointment in me for not having done any Halloween crafts.  I don't know what is going on.  For some reason it crept up on me this year.  When I got down my boxes of decorations there didn't seem to be much there. In addition to the skulls that sit around my house all year long, I have a few pumpkins and spiderwebs and I guess I'm calling it a day.   Or a season. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I made your blog! "My friend expressed her disappointment in me for not having done any Halloween crafts." Not disappointed just shocked, you're usually ahead of the game!

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments!