Monday, August 30, 2010

Before and After

Out with the old, in with the new.  I was getting tired of our damask wallpaper, as it didn't match anything else in our home.  I meant to decorate around it, but that didn't work out too well.  I still think it was super pretty, but it had to go.  I've always heard taking down wallpaper is a nightmare and I was happy we only had half a wall to de-wallpaper.  But it actually wasn't so bad.  We just sprayed some wallpaper remover stuff on there, waited 15 minutes and peeled away.  Sure, there are a few spots on the wall that have a little extra texture now, but it's a textured wall anyway so you can't really tell.  This picture was taken after Aaron ripped off the chair rail and we peeled back a little wallpaper just to see what it was like.

We painted a pretty new color ("aqua bay"), added some paintings, and presto change-o, dining room makeover.  We finally put up our paint by number paintings.  There was some debate (mostly with myself) about the framing of the paintings.  I thought all the different frames would be cute and eclectic - but then again, our home isn't really the most eclectic place.  In the end I decided the paintings themselves were kitschy enough and stuck with the same black frames that house every other picture on our walls.  Gotta keep it consistent girl.  We have a few more paintings to frame, and lots of wall space to expand.  Now that I can compare the before and after, I think the damask looked a little boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!