Monday, August 16, 2010

It Was a Slow Thrifing Weekend

I did pick up this cute owl clock.  I haven't checked to see if it works yet, but that really doesn't matter.  I also got a metal wastebasket that is pretty trashed (pun intended).  I tried to clean it, but it was a big chore and I hate the way rubber gloves make my hands smell.   The whole basket is made up of metal flowers, so there are lots of tiny grooves for dirt to get into.  Maybe Mr. Amerine will be so kind as to try to clean it up for me.
We went to an estate sale that sounded promising, but it was a bust.  I got some more vintage buttons, but that's it. Oh, and one more thing:  You never know what you're going to see at the dirt mall.  I guess someone really likes ... Christmas?  And a lot of crap on their car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!