Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Yawn.

I hope everyone had a fun long weekend!  I was only a little productive.  I took a break from watching Eclipse even though I REALLY wanted to go yesterday.  I'm making myself wait until next weekend.  I know, I'm a masochist.  :P  Well.. Saturday was my beloved Grandpa's birthday and I got myself back into the kitchen to bake for the occasion.  I whipped up this little Pineapple Upside Down Cake.  I love this cake.  It's crazy how a food can look so retro.


First we went to dinner at La Bella (my favorite) and my weirdo little cousin did this:


He's strange, that one.  I spent a lot of time in my craft room this weekend, but I don't really have anything to show for it.  I'm not sure where the time went.  Sometimes I spend so much time thinking about all the things I want to do, that I don't actually do anything.  At one point Aaron and I watched Inland Empire and upon completion Aaron told me I owed him three hours of his life back.  I'm not really sure what was going on there - I'm still confused, however, I did like one thing about the movie:  Rabbits.


And today, the laziest day ever, I made vegan cupcakes.  Just 'cause.


They are really good.  I think I like them better than regular cupcakes.  I modified a recipe for vegan chocolate cake.  It's so easy and you probably have everything you need to make it right now!

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup raw sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbs vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup warm water

Mix it all up, pour it in cupcake liners coated with cooking spray.  Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.  I made some chocolate frosting out of cocoa powder, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and soy milk.  I don't know how much of anything I put.  Just mix it all up until it's the right consistency ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!