Sunday, July 25, 2010

Unfinished Business

It's hard for me to work on projects that I can't finish in a day.  I really like to see results !  Here are some of the things I've been working on:


A granny square blanket.  I started making squares a little over a month ago and I only have enough squares for about a fourth of a blanket.  I'm going to have a lot of respect for grannies and their square blankets by the time I get done with this.


About a month ago I started cutting squares out of vintage fabrics for a light quilt.  I've never made a quilt before so this should be interesting.  At least I'm keeping it simple with squares.  Big ones.  I love all the different floral patterns next to each other.  They make me happy.


And, as if all that wasn't enough to keep me busy, I picked up a mini cross-stitch kit from Barnes and Nobel on Saturday night.  At least this is one thing I should be able to finish fairly quickly.  I've been wanting to cross-stitch for a while now and a mini project is perfect.  I can't wait to post something that's actually finished!   There just aren't enough hours in the day.  Who votes for longer weekends?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!