Wednesday, July 21, 2010

1,100 Miles is Too Far Inside a Car



Well, not too far, but far enough.  It is the farthest I've ever ridden in a car.  I went along on a road trip with my husband and in-laws to Colorado Springs, CO.  I love road trips - I think they are like little adventures.  I didn't even mind when we got stuck in Primm - 45 minutes of standstill traffic.  It was kind of neat to be able to get out of the car and walk on the highway like it was the end of the world or some doomsday scenario.  Maybe I didn't mind it because I slept most of the way.  All I need is my "happy mix" on my ipod (which consists of mostly Grizzly Bear) and I'm good.  We were only in Colorado for two days and it went by so fast.  We didn't do half the things we wanted to, but I'm happy just to have had the opportunity to see states and sights I've never seen before.  Colorado and Eastern Utah are so so so pretty.  During one afternoon thunder storm Mr. Amerine and I checked out some thrift stores and I came up on some pretty vintage fabrics, a little wooden owl statue, some vintage enamel clip on earrings, and a great big paint by number in really good condition.  All in all, I'd say the trip was a success, but we are so glad to be home now with our kitties .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!