Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Neat & Nostalgic

{the happiest place on earth}



I go to Disneyland... maybe six times a year. I love to just be there. It brings back a certain nostalgia for me because I went there a lot when I was young. Back then, the trip from San Diego to Anaheim seemed like such a long journey, the small drop in the beginning of Pirates of the Caribbean made my stomach flutter, and riding the doom buggy in the Haunted Mansion with my Grandpa was the highlight of the trip.Today, my Disneyland experiences are shared with my husband and friends. Disney's California Adventure park is right across the entrance from Disneyland and, while it has more "grown up" rides, I still prefer Disneyland. Just walking down Main Street brings back all the memories of good times I had with my family. Like the Main Street Candy Palace, where my grandma (who had a huge sweet tooth) always bought vanilla nut fudge or a pecan log, while I opted for some rock candy or lemon drops. Or the theater where I used to watch "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" with my grandpa.

Of course, things change; rides are updated to keep up with the latest movie or taken out all together, but it's still always a good trip down memory lane.


(ahh the good old days)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!