Monday, August 17, 2009

In the Making + Sour Cherry Crumb Cake



Most of the time when I make an article of clothing it is just almost wearable, with some fit issues. I think I rush things - I like the instant gratification that shopping gives me, but I also like the satisfaction of being able to say I made something. So those are good reasons to do both. I went to the fabric shop with the intent to buy some material for new pillow covers. While I was there I came across this really cool black and white patterned fabric that I thought would be neat for a dress. This time I made my own pattern from a top and skirt that I already had. And I’m taking it slow. Putting some love into it. So far I’ve finished the top pieces and started the bottom pleating. Stay tuned to see how it turns out.

On the sweet side of things, this weekend I made this Sour Cherry Crumb Cake. It was really good... and much better than the dinner I made to go with it. If you like crumb cake, you'll like this.


I spent the rest of my free time this weekend catching up on the first season of True Blood. Sookie is mine! Also, on Saturday I took a break from dress hunting at all the Anthropologies in San Diego to see Paper Heart. Charlyne Yi is painfully dorky but super cute at the same time. It was a good little movie and a good little weekend. Now it's back to the working world until next weekend. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!