Monday, June 7, 2010

Vintage Treasures + Home Organization

I'm happy.  I had a super fun day yesterday shopping with my mom.  She wanted me to go with her to pick out two new pet rats and, while we were in the area, I wanted to go wander around the swap meet.  Unlike me, my mom likes the new booths and when I pointed out a large area with vintage items, my mom expressed her dislike for such things.  However, to my surprise, she dove right in there in pursuit of old books, enamel brooches, and other knickknacks.  She even said she had fun!  And she still spoils me, just like when I was little.  We found a 1950's version of Alice in Wonderland, three vintage brooches, and a pair of clip-on earrings.  I've liked thrifting since high school, and Sir and I go regularly, but I think I want to go a lot of more.  It's so exciting finding that diamond in the rough.  The enamel brooches really make me happy for some reason.  I think I see a collection in the works...
 
The rest of the weekend was spent organizing my craft room.  I feel like I'm always organizing and reorganizing, and never crafting - maybe organizing is my craft... I also worked on organizing our downstairs office since it was a mess (it's where Mr. Man spends his creative time).  Well, here are some random pictures of my home organization progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!