Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Caramel Corn + More


I am SO sad this weekend has to end.  It was nice, calm, and relaxing -  I spent a lot of time baking, making, and creating - going at my own pace, doing whatever I wanted.  Saturday night I went to a friend's house to watch the UFC fight, which was pretty uneventful, not like I care one way or the other- but I got to spend time with her and her super cute baby.  I also made this caramel corn.  I've made it once before and it's super yummy and easy to make.  Check it:

{Caramel Corn}

2 bags (regular sized) popped popcorn
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, cubed
1/4 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp backing soda

Place popcorn in a large bowl (remove any unpopped kernels) and set aside.  In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt.  Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a rolling boil.  Cook and stir until the temperature on a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage).  Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.  The mixture will foam.  Quickly pour over popcorn and mix until all popcorn is coated.

Spread popcorn evenly over two large greased baking sheets.  Bake at 200º for 45 minutes, stirring once.  Transfer to waxed paper to cool.
- - - - - - - -
I also spent countless hours making pom poms.  I didn't know what I was going to do with all of them, but then I found this pom pom wreath on another blog and decided to make it.  It's kind of retro looking.  I like it.  I ran out of yarn (5 skeins) so I need to get more to finish it.

- - - - - - - - -
I also wanted to share my swap meet find from last weekend.  This stool was only $5.  It was a little rusted, but with a little elbow grease, Sir and I got it looking decent.  I had to do some spring cleaning this weekend.  I have five chairs in my pink room now!  I love buying:  chairs (Sir loves them too!), side tables, plastic cups from Target, milk glass, knickknacks, and little dessert plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!