Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Torrey Pines State Beach

Last week I received two emails from different people with pictures of lovely flower fields:  one of the Antelope Valley Poppy Fields and the other of the California Goldfields near Lake Henshaw.  Well I decided I wanted to see some lovely flowers myself.  We decided to go to the  flower fields in Carlsbad.  Well once we got there, I promptly decided it looked pretty lame from the street.  Having driven all the way up there we decided we needed to do something, so we stopped at Torrey Pines State Beach on the way back and wandered around for a while.
I guess a place where you can take a short drive to somewhere like this isn't so bad.  I feel like I take the ocean for granted and I should visit it more.  It's weird to think some people have never seen the ocean. Like  I've never seen falling snow.  I think I might be missing out on something.  But I still want to see some flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!