Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pumpkin Crunch Cake




YUM is all I have to say! I made this cake for my boss's birthday this week and I was able to make out with a piece for my husband to eat, after I photographed it of course. This "cake" was really REALLY easy to make and everyone totally loved it. My friend started singing "It's beginning to look a lot like Thanksgiving" when she saw me cutting it. She gets a little excited when food is around... and I kinda love her for it. But she's right, it is Fall after all, so it's the perfect time for some Pumpkin Crunch!

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

1 29-ounce can of Pumpkin
1 12-ounce can Evaporated Milk
1 Cup Sugar
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
3 Eggs, slightly beaten
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix w/ Pudding
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
1 Cup Melted Butter

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together first five ingredients and pour into 9x12 inch pan, lined with wax paper. It's easier to take out if the paper comes up over the edges of the pan. Spread the entire box of cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle nuts over cake mix and press in gently. Melt butter and pour evenly over nuts. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Cool completely before removing from pan.

Note: I'm not completely sure whether the pumpkin mixture should be on top or the bottom, but I just flipped it over, pulled gently on the wax paper and it came right out, pumpkin side up, and that's the way it stayed! Top with whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!