Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween


Despite two practice pumpkins before the final version, for the second year in a row, I lost the pumpkin carving contest at my work. It's actually pretty sad when there are only four pumpkins competing. Ha! Both years I've tried to do something different, difficult (for me), and not to mention time consuming - and I've lost. So I've learned my lesson- I was so focused on winning that I forgot to have fun. And it should be fun! So only fun pumpkin carving from now on...

On a happier note, my husband IS a winner! He won the contest at his work with his Edward Scissorhands pumpkin. He deserved to win, his pumpkin was really good.


And finally, a loser for the second time yesterday, I lost the Scariest Dessert Contest at my husband's work. I made these Ladies' Fingers from the Martha Stewart website. I thought they looked pretty gross. I didn't even want to eat one! Especially the nails, which are blanched almonds dyed with red food coloring. Ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!