Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mini Pies + Praline Apple Bread

 
I LOVE PIE. I can't say it enough. These little mini pies are perfect because you can just make a few and you don't have to feel guilty about making and eating a whole pie, not that I do that.... I just used store bought pie crust to make it super easy, rolled it out thin, cut it with a round cookie cutter, filled it up, pinched the edges with a fork, sealed it with egg whites, and baked for about 10 minutes!. Super easy and not to mention, super cute. Of course.

The Praline Apple Bread was made at the request of my mother. The recipe came from her Taste of Home magazine. Pretty much every week my mom has some new food item she wants me to make for her. This bread did look so good though, and easy enough to whip up. I don't know if my loaf pan is too small or what, but I usually have too much batter, so I made my grandpa his own little loaf with the raisins he requested. It turned out really moist and yummy. My mom said it is the best thing I've ever made... but like my banana bread better.



Praline Apple Bread

1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup finely chopped granny smith apples
1 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar

In a mixing bowl, beat together sugar, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla on low speed until combined.

Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to sour cream mixture, beating on low speed until just combined. Stir in apple and 1/2 cup pecans. Pour into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans and press lightly into the batter.

Bake in 350 oven for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil for the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 mins.

In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove bread from pan; drizzle top with brown sugar mixture. Cool completely before eating. Makes 1 loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay comments!